Popular Posts

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Close Encounter of the 3rd Kind Downunder Part II

Alright...that's it. I am chickening out on this one. As soon as I posted Part I, some freaky accident happened again. Another big loss. Now going to put out fire again.

So that's no Part II or whatsoever. To summarize, we were beaten mentally, physically and financially under this unlucky spell. To add the latest, we had had (please stay as past perfect tense!!) at least 8 major accidents, i.e., an accident every 2-3 weeks. One of which was life threatening, immobilizing my hubby in bed for a 2 months, shattered his confidence, and made us put out fire hurriedly for the lost of opportunities incurred.

I consulted a psychic whom only confirmed my fears. When I became so desperate to seek the psychic's help again, I met with an accident while driving to see her, thus, cancelling the appointment. It was a neverending nightmare. Surprisingly, when I couldn't turn up to work quite repetitively because of the accidents, my boss didn't think they were excuses but went back to her church to ask. One day, she walked in and said to me grimly, there was something in our old house. We hadn't told anyone before, in case anyone thought we were crazy with our vivid illusions, but it felt so good that someone whom I saw everyday, knew what we were into. 

On the whole, my relationship with hubby grew stronger to say the least. We have seen the weirdest phenomena and realized how fragile our lives can be under such power. We had only each other to lean on in times of trouble. And we really leaned on each other! We began to see material damages as negligible in life, as long as we have our health back to restart life. I felt my husband, perhaps with so much time to reflect, have become wiser. Both of us used to be perfectionists, and we would be upset when guests break or damage our collections that are irreplacable. Now he would say, "Aiyah, it's just material. Relationships are more important."

The other outcome of these episodes, was also the strengthening of our spiritual beliefs. We aren't religious, but we now respect the spirits and try to have a good Karma so to speak even though we didn't research much into that.

So I would rather dwell in the positives than the negatives of our tumultuous years while I was settling in Brisbane. I still had a good job, great relationship, and beautiful new home to come back to. Our cats which were traumatised were so happy when we finally moved too! The darkest cloud in our lives lifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment